Sunday, December 9, 2012

For those few of my followers who don't want to know what is really going on in my head/heart I would ignore this post...

<<RANT ON>>  I NEED for "my" adult children to be participants in this household.  I don't want them to leave or anything but they are old enough to be housemates instead of people who just store their stuff here.  I mean that as long as "my" (step) son has money to party and pay his other bills it is not going to matter one way or the other to him but he has hijacked the heater that belongs in the livingroom.  He left a load of laundry to go rancid in the washer.  Now he is 20 and I understand some foibles, but he bought a dog as an investment (yes he started breeding full blooded boxers), but he dosent carefully tend his investment.  My day usually starts at or arround 6am.  And when the animals wake up they are fed/watered/cared for including being walked.  I clean the dishes, and make tea (sweettea for y'all southern folks), and coffee.  When my wife wakes up and requests food, I am usually more than happy to make it.  I vaccuum the carpets in the livingroom, and sweep/mop the kitchen every couple of days but I am usually tending to the various animals (2 dogs and a cat) and by 4pm I expect the "children" to pick up the slack.  The youngest adult child in the house is 18 but she is going to High School, and I understand but she is home by 3 and I understand needing time to breathe.  "My" son goes off to work at three I believe that the last thing he should do before he goes to work is WALK HIS INVESTMENT (I mean dog).  I understand occassionally running late, but then he should be sure that arrangements are made to takecare of his investment.  Even if it was a text ...please walk Sparky... at least then I would feel respected.  It is nice to be asked insted to expected to "tend his garden for him"  I understand that I am retired/disabled but that doesn't mean to I am not worth something, and that the services I provide are at least a value to the household.  I understand that my wife is in a LOT of pain, but that is not to degrade to pain I feel 16+ times struck by a car as a child/young adult... two open heart surgeries... three strokes, and I am still existing.  I've been stabbed, I've been shot.  I am tired all the time I have recently been diagnosed with Narcolepsy so I fall asleep at the drop of a hat.  Anywho the point is the adult children of this household are well and sure enough capable of taking care of the neeeds of this house equally as partners working toard a goal of peace and harmony across the house.  Working TOGETHER. Well I guess I am burned out so I am off.  <<RANT OFF>>

No comments:

Post a Comment